Developed tourist villages overlooking the lake and around the lake, hotels and guesthouses of all categories in Neohori and other villages, taverns and infrastructure for nature activities such as horseback riding, archery, hydro-bike etc . So if you're wondering what I'm going to see, where I'm going, where I'll eat, there are a lot of choices if you're thinking of visiting the Plastira's Lake. It is not accidental that many say Plastira's Lake is a lake of four seasons. Each season the nature around the lake "gives" you different colors. Plastira's Lake is located about 30 minutes away from the city of Karditsa. It was created in 1959 and its perimeter is about 62 km if you decide to do it you will see many interesting sights in every corner of the lake.
Hotels in Plastira's Lake - Accommodation in Plastira's Lake
Accommodation options in Lake Plastira includes hotels and guesthouses at good prices of all categories with carefully designed rooms with beautiful decoration, a host of amenities and delicious breakfast with homemade jams. The hotels you will find in Lake Plastira are low-class hotels up to 4 and 5 star hotels located mainly in Neochori, Kalyvia Pezoulas, Filachti and the surrounding villages. See all available hotels in Neochori. See all available hotels in Plastira's Lake. Below, we suggest 10 things you can do when you visit Plastira's Lake.
1) You certainly can not go to Lake Plastira and do not visit its dam. It is located in the southern part of the lake and it is a 220 meters wide structure that keeps the lake water. In the dam area you will find some small shops on the street selling local products.
2) Near the dam there is the road to the lake observatory. Before you reach the dam you will find a sign that you will turn right and follow the uphill road to find yourself in the position that is the wooden gazebo and you will have a view of the whole lake. Winter - summer the view is magnificent and the your camera is indispensable to take as much photos as you can.
3) Also near the dam and the lake's observatory is the stone-built Monastery of Pelekiti. One of the most important ecclesiastical sights of Lake Plastira. It is also worth mentioning the Monastery of Koroni on the eastern side of the lake.
4) One of the most important sights of the lake is the Botanical Garden, located between the villages Neochori and Kalyvia Pezoulas. You will find a sign on the main road where you will turn and at the end of the road you will find the botanical garden that hosts a host of plants from the flora and fauna of the area.
5) We referred to activities above. In plastira lake you can indulge in a variety of activities including horse riding, archery, hydro-bikes, canoe kayak, mountain bike next to the lake and signed hiking trails in educational forest Belokomiti.
6) Of course there are also mountain activities in the lake for those who prefer the mountain such as skiing and / or snowboarding at Agrafon Ski Resort located in Karamanoli area. In the area where the ski resort is located, there is also the mountain shelter that can accommodate up to 30 people. The path to the skiing and the shelter especially in the winter with the snow is magnificent, the mountain peaks overwhelm you. Note that the ski is small and does not provide equipment rental so if you are considering visiting it you should carry your own equipment.
7) Neochori. The largest lake village. Perhaps it was the largest village due to the location it is built since it is in an advantageous position because of its view towards the lake. It is the balcony of Lake Plastira with many places of history for hotels and taverns. Also you can find taverns on the street in Kalyvia Pezoulas. In Neochori you will also find plenty of places to stop looking at the view of the lake, basketball courts, squares and beautiful alleys to wander in the village. Also in the taverns of the village and in the nearby villages try pork and locally sour sausages.
8) Another village with a beautiful view not to the lake but towards Karditsa is Mesenikolas. Known village for its wine since Black Mesenikola is a special wine. If you visit Mesenikola at night you will see the lights of Karditsa and Karditsa. Near Mesenikola worth seeing and Morfovouni village of Nikolaos Plastiras and Lampero is the only village which is built next to the lake and has its Lamperou beach is ending the Swimming crossing organized annually at lake length 4 km. Do not forget that all these villages are located on the eastern side of Lake Plastira.
9) On the north side of the lake there is the village of Anthohori and if you follow the road you will find yourself at Mouzaki, Paleomonastiro and Pili which is the entrance to the villages of Mount Koziakas. Before arriving at Anthochori and on a turn of the road, leave your car and see the renovated watermill that is there and you will find the path that starts for the Anthochorian waterfall, the duration of the path is about an hour. Larger route but more difficult is the route to the stone bridge of Anthochorion.
10) Try caving, near the lake there are the cave of Gaki and the cave of Kaimakia. The route to these caves are difficult and if you decide to visit these caves you have to call the caving club.