Skopelos - the green and blue island of Greece
If you decide to visit Skopelos in summer read our article with 10 things you can do while you stay to beautiful island of Skopelos. Many visitors from Greece and abroad decide to spend their holidays in Skopelos during the summer days!
1) Visit the chapel of Agios Ioannis. It's where some scenes of Mama Mia movie were filmed. The view from the chapel is great!
2) Visit the Kastani beach. It's where the trees meets the sea! It's a beach with rear beauty. Also visit the Milia beach!
3) Archaeological Site of Sentoukia. Sentoukia are the graves of kings and pirates from the Roman period. Great view to Alonissos too!
4) Stafilos beach! yes a beach you must visit! Also near the beach you will find the grave of Stafilos. Ruins of the palace of king Stafilos were discovered near the beach too. Many items that have been discovered at the area of Stafilos are exhibited at the Archaelogical Museum of Volos.
5) Taste the food at one of the taverns at village Glossa.
6) Single and double kayaks you will find in Glossa wih all necessary equipment. Don't you like kayaking? You can try scuba diving or hiking too! You will find signed hiking trails on the island. More info at the port of Skopelos in which you will see a map.
7) Try the cheese pie from Skopelos.
8) try one of the bars at Chora near the port.
9) Free youself. Take your clothes off. Velanio beach is an official nude beach in Skopelos. Velanio is next to the beach of Stafilos.
10) Visit the Gourouni Lighthouse. The lighthouse was built in 1889 and it is one of the oldest lighthouses of Greece. It has 60 meters height. Note that be aware of the snakes at the area.